Skip to content
Personal Insurances

Competitive Rates….Valuable Advice…

Home Insurance

Home insurance is a must-have for homeowners, providing vital financial protection against unexpected events. Insurance is for things for that you can’t afford to buy twice. For most people, their home is the top of that list!

Home insurance covers a range of risks, including damage caused by fire, theft, or natural disasters. It can also cover damage caused by burst pipes, accidents, or even pet damage. In the event of a claim, home insurance can provide you with the financial support you need to cover the cost of repairs or replacement of damaged property.

Without insurance, the cost of repairs or replacement of damaged property can be crippling, leading to financial hardship and the loss of the home.

Investing in home insurance is essential for protecting your home and your family’s financial future. With a reliable home insurance policy, you can have peace of mind, knowing that you are financially protected against the unexpected.

Contact us for a free quotation on 021-4500642 or by email at (

Frequently Asked Questions

Why does the bank have to be noted?

In the event of a building claim, usually over a certain amount, the cheque will be made payable to the Insured and the bank – as they have provided the loan for the Risk address.

I want to delete the Bank Interest – mortgage is paid off.

Usually insurers will delete, but some will look for a letter from the bank to advise they no longer have an interest in the property – always better to check with the Insurer before advising the policyholder.

Remember: Cover under the Driving other Cars extension does not always match your policy cover; Many Insurers will only give Third Party only cover while driving under this extension.

I want to take my Spouse off the household policy?

This may require a new proposal form or a letter from a solicitor to advise a party no longer has an interest in the property – unlikely any insured will delete without one of these – always better to check with the Insurer before advising the policyholder.

My spouse is deceased I need to delete their name from the policy?

Some insurers will delete but some, Allianz for example, will look for confirmation probate is granted and copy of death certificate – always better to check with the Insurer before advising the policyholder.

I spend most of my time in my holiday home – can I insure it as owner occupied and get full cover?

You can only have one owner occupied house – whichever house you spend 4 or more nights a week.

I spend 3 months of the summer in my holiday home – can I insure it as owner occupied?

No it is still considered a holiday home – advise they should check their inoccupancy condition under their owner occupied house.

My Daughter/Son is getting married – I want their gifts noted under the policy.

Most insurers will increase the Contents Sum Insured by 10% for 1 month before and 1 month after the wedding…this may be enough – check with each individual insurer.

I have been called for Jury service – my friend was covered under the household policy

Some insurers will pay between €20 and €40 per day in court up to a limit of €750.00 – this usually doesn’t affect the NCB, however it is considered a claim for other insurers – so best advice is not make a claim

Building Sum Insured: My neighbour house sold for €300,000 and mine is only covered for €200,000?

The risk is insured to cover the cost of rebuilding the house – you still have the site in the event of a total loss – at the moment refer them to to ensure they have correct sums insured.

Back To Top